NATIONAL ACTS OF KINDNESS DAY – February 17
Observed on February 17...
...National Random Acts of Kindness Day has grown in popularity each year. It is celebrated by individuals, groups and organizations nationwide to encourage acts of kindness. While it always feels good to 'pay it forward', this is a great time of year to challenge yourself to spread kindness. Below is a list of 11 acts that are easy and cheap (most free). I challenge you to pick at least 1 item from the list or see if you can fit them all into a week!
- Mentor a Family
- Compliment the first 3 people you see/talk to
- Say "Good morning" to strangers
- Set an alarm to go off 3 times, drop what you're doing and call, text, or email just to tell someone they're awesome or you're thinking of them.
- Write a hand-written note to a teacher, mentor or leader
- Pick up litter - spend 10 minutes cleaning up a park or your neighborhood
- Place uplifting notes in library books, on a restroom mirror, locker, desk, or computer
- Dedicate 24 hours to spreading positivity on social media
- Leave a generous tip
- Send flowers to a friend or family member 'just because'
- Make goodies to share with a neighbor, co-worker, sitter, teacher, or family member
"Remember there's no such thing as a small act of Kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end"
Here at Children's Network of South West Florida we are the Lead Agency for Child Welfare services in Circuit 20. CNSWFL is the private, nonprofit lead agency that administers the child welfare system in Lee, Collier, Charlotte, Hendry and Glades Counties. Our mission is to work with the community to protect children and preserve families. If you feel you would be able to Mentor Families, or Foster Children please visit our website.